Diocese of Shrewsbury - Islam Inset for Secondary School Heads of RE - 5 Pillars & 6 Articles
Learning the pronunciation was VERY helpful
Put in to a living context brings the faith alive
Lots of resources
Ready for any questions
Trainer was very knowledgeable and presents all the key concepts very clearly and explains the links so well it makes it interesting and very informative.
So interesting - a great resource for schools!
Very engaging speaker who has a wealth of knowledge on the topics presented.
Openess of being a Muslim in 21st Century in Britain.
Thank you for fantastic training.
This session was excellent - definitely one of the most interesting I have had.
Imran engaged everyone in the room.
Amazing session which was detailed and informative.
Wished we could have had longer!
Imran Kotwal was engaging & helpful and approachable.
Fantastic resources and explanations of key areas.
Furness Education Trust - Inset for RE Teachers in Barrow in Furness
Very enjoyable. Lots of information given that could be used in school.
Ideas given on how to teach specific areas.
I have really enjoyed the training tonight
Friendly, relaxed and informative.
Very practical and fast paced.
A fantastic course - thank you!
Loved the quiz.
LIVERPOOL SACRE - Feedback: Teaching & Learning about Islam inset for RE Coordinators (30 Schools)
Useful activities to deliver with children
Engaging and hands on - great resources to take back to school
Imran was a great trainer!
Loved the quiz
This is the best RE CPD I have attended!
Answered everybody's questions
Good sense of humour
Imran was very knowledgeable
I really enjoyed the session
Bexton Primary School, Cheshire East - Feedback: Teaching & Learning about Islam, inc. Tackling Islamophobia
Fascinating to learn about Islam
Dispelled some of the common misconceptions of British society
Great training, thank-you
I feel more confident teaching about Islam now.
Interesting, non-judgemental, open and genuine
Engaging activities and clear explanations
Variety of activities, quiz, pictures, videos etc
Lots of suggestions for pupil activities
Very well presented & Incredibly well delivered!
Our training session was amazing!
Diocese of Liverpool -Teaching and Learning about Islam Inset for 13 Newly Qualified Teachers
The quiz removed a lot of misconceptions.
Imran was very knowledgeable and shared his knowledge in a way that was engaging.
It was engaging, fun and full of great, interesting facts.
Liked the freedom to ask questions.
The content was brilliant - easily adaptable for use in class.
Good links with different faiths.
Lots of interesting artefacts.
Learnt lots of key terms.
Accessible, fascinating, inspiring
Imran is inspiring.
Goostrey Primary School, Cheshire East - Parents workshop on Islam
I have learnt many things that I didn't know beforeThanks for the clarifications.
Very happy about this session and Islam being taught at Goostrey Primary
Informal but engaging and interactive
Good to learn what the children are being taught at school
Very useful to know what our children are going to learn
Relaxed and informative
Big thanks! Very important role!
Imran was very informative and personable
Expelled a lot of myths
Really enjoyable, thank-you
Friendly, light hearted, fun, interesting and informative
I wish it could have been longer - much more to learn!
Grange CE Primary School, Cumbria - Staff & Parents workshop - An Introduction to Islam
Very clear and well explained
Covered important points, not over-whelming or boring!
Liked Imran's delivery and humour
Thank you - I really enjoyed the session.
Living in Cumbria we are isolated from other faiths - it was great to learn about another faith.
Educational and incredibly well-delivered
Friendly, approachable and knowledgeable
I learn something new everytime we meet!
I enjoyed the video of inside a Mosque
St Thomas the Martyr CE Primary School, Skelmersdale - Teaching & Learning about Islam Inset
Excellent rapport with all and alot of very useful information
Excellent worthwhile session
Made relevant for teaching children
Liked the reflection and discussion and gaining a deeper understanding of Islam
Answered all the questions respectfully
Very approachable trainer
Liked the practical activities such as the quiz
I feel I know more about the religion of Islam
Wished we could have had a longer session for further discussion!
North Yorkshire School Improvement Service (Ripon) - Islam Inset for Primary School RE coordinators - Feedback on our session on: What does it mean to be a Muslim in Britain today?
Real life and contemporary examples based on Muslims in Britain
Lots of facts and very interesting
Very impressed! Thank You
Very informative & very engaging - I have learnt lots!
Great ideas for teaching.
Relevant, interactive, balanced and contextual
Imran was fantastic, really easy to listen and talk to.
Informative, truthful and inspiring
Passionate, enlightening and really informative - I'd love to learn more
Really interactive and thought provoking.
I liked the fact that prior understanding was acknowledged and addressed.
St Maria Goretti RC Primary School, Preston - Feedback on Teaching & Learning about Islam Staff Meeting (Inc. Tackling Islamophobia) (3.30-5.00pm)
High quality new learning for adults
Use of Islamic artefacts / materials and Imran's approach was very positive.
Liked learning Arabic terminology / Islamic artefacts
Made my understanding of Islam much clearer. I learned so much!
Thought-provoking, enjoyable, interesting and light-hearted too!
Liked the interactive tasks
Very clear, great ideas, engaging, very informative, cleared up misunderstanding
How to deal with Islamophobia
Great activities, explanations and examples
Funny - not too serious
Ravenbank CP School, Lymm - Feedback on Islam Staff Meeting (3.30-5.00pm)
Relevant & modern! Discussed traditions but in a modern context.
I feel a lot more educated about Muslims and Islamic culture.
Imran kept the pace fast and interesting
Helped us understand some of the difficult terms / vocabulary
I would highly recommend Muslim Learner Services.
Good resources that would be easy to use in class.
Took time to answer questions.
Interactive, Informative & Informal.
So much knowledge shared in such a short time
Imran delivered the session really well - he is a great speaker!
Holy Spirit RC Primary School, Runcorn - Feedback on Teaching & Learning about Islam (in. meeting the needs of Muslim pupils). (3.30-5.00pm)
Clarified lots of misconceptions
Highlighted how many things Islam and Christianity have in common
I really enjoyed the quiz which helped check my understanding
Great ideas to share with children
Very interactive and informative
Diocese of Westminster RE Coordinators' Annual Conference (London) - Feedback on our Teaching & Learning Islam workshops delivered to over one hundred Primary schools attending the conference!
- Genuinely learnt a great deal in such a short space of time.
- Quiz at the start was good to test prior knowledge and 'debunk' common misconceptions
- An excellent introduction to Islam
- Imran was very engaging, approachable, passionate and inspirational.
- Trainer was very knowledgeable and answered all our questions
- Great pace, very interesting
- good resources - easy to adapt for children
- Great delivery & very informative
- Presenter was excellent & humourous (funny anecdotes)
- Brilliant - lots of subject knowledge
- Good opportunity to ask questions
- Good links made to Catholic faith
- Loved all the artefacts
Diocese of York (hosted by St Martin's CE Primary School, Scarborough) - 2 hour Islam inset 4-6pm for North Yorkshire RE teachers Teaching & Learning about Islam inc. tackling Islamophobia and radicalisation.
- A fantastic session, packed full of deep learning and brilliant facts
- Interesting, relevant, interactive and linked to the classroom
- Imran was fabulous in his delivery.
- Practical, hands-on, open to all and any questions.
- Thank you so much - I feel a lot more confident in my knowledge of Islam.
- Friendly, informative and humorous.
- Learnt Arabic pronunciation
- Liked the resources / songs / ideas to use in the classroom and share with staff
- Good range of teaching resources and able to see and use real artefacts
- I would recommend this to other schools
Diocese of York (hosted by Knayton CE Primary School) - 2 hour Islam inset 4-6pm for North Yorkshire RE teachers Teaching & Learning about Islam inc. tackling Islamophobia and radicalisation.
- Excellent delivery. Engaging activities. Thoroughly enjoyable!
- Brilliant presenter!
- Very interactive. Lots of opportunity for knowledge growth.
- Great resources, great activities to help us learn and could be done with the children.
- I have gained lots of knowledge and feel more confident to teach Islam.
- Enjoyable and interesting session
- Would recommend the training to others.
- Good pace
- Use and discussion of artefacts
- Very informative & Very helpful
Feedback from Holland Moor Primary School (Skelmersdale) - staff inset: Teaching & Learning about Islam inc. tackling Islamophobia and radicalisation.
- Imran was warm and welcoming. He also used humour and made us feel comfortable and intrigued.
- Activities - can be easily used with children.
- Very engaging and incredibly informative.
- Very informative, interactive, clear and succinct - no jargon.
- Really enjoyed the session. Learnt so much!
- Similarities between faiths pointed out - highlighted key misconceptions
Feedback from Bricknell Primary School (Hull): Islam inset for Teachers and Training Assistants
- Good pace, varied content, humour, opportunity to ask questions, friendly
- Engaging, interactive, informative eye-opening and useful
- Extremely useful and can be shared with pupils straight away
- Liked artefacts activity
- Lots of mention of children to help me understand the lifestyle of Muslim children I teach.
- Activities are transferable to use with the children
- Great trainer who was engaging and shared experiences
- Great questions / discussion
- Loved links to current media and challenging Islamophobia
- Very interesting and informative
- Delivered very well
- The quiz was really interesting
- Down to earth and pitched a level I understand
- The trainer was very hands-on
Feedback from St Marie's RC Primary school (Bury) staff twilight inset: Teaching & Learning about Islam
Imran explained everything in an engaging, interesting accessible way.
Lots of ideas of how to convey the information to children.
The true/false quiz was a nice touch.
Imran was very knowledgeable - answered all our questions, very respectfully and well
Really interesting including modern attitudes.
Good resources and handouts
Lots of opportunities to ask questions
Appropriate, interesting and varied.
The activities helped me to retain the information well
Feedback from Salford RE teachers attending full morning Teaching & Learning about Islam Inset. Monday 1st July 2019 at Buile Hill Banqueting Suite, Salford
- Really interactive, engaging delivery, pitched perfectly,
- Great examples to use in school
- Great development of subject knowledge
- interesting tasks to illustrate how to teach children about Islam..
- Imran kept all our interests and was funny.
- A brilliant course - very useful. Thank you!
- Has provided me with a really good starting point for using with children.
- Willingness to answer any questions. Help in pronunciation of Arabic words.
- Practical. Carefully scaffolded.
Feedback from RE Leaders attending Islam workshop at Halton & Warrington annual SACRE Conference (Halton Stadium, Widnes)- Teaching and Learning about Hajj / Pilgrimage to Mecca. Friday 28th June 2019, 1-3 pm
- Imran is very engaging - everything is clearly explained - 'confidence is instilled for teaching'
- Really informative and interesting session - given me the confidence to go and teach about Hajj.
- Loved the personal touch. Nice to hear from someone with direct experience.
- Super to listen to Imran and unable to unpick info with him.
- Great ideas to use with children - super resource to take back to school - very knowledgeable course leader.
- Great session, powerpoint clear and very visual - enthusiastic presentation.
- Thank you! A very engaging session!
- Informative but allowed questions to be asked throughout - put everyone at ease.
Teacher Feedback from St Margaret's CE School, Oldham - Teaching and Learning about Islam (2nd Visit -Islamic artefacts, Hajj, Life stages, Angels in Islam) - Monday 4th Feb 2019, 3.30 - 5.00pm
- Very informative, engaging and I feel confident in teaching about Islam
- Lots of information on marriage, funerals, births, Hajj pilgrimage etc
- Liked the pictures, examples and stories
- Really enjoyed learning about Islam
- The slides and videos were informative
- Questions answered and well delivered
Teacher Feedback from Sankey Valley St James CE School, Warrington Teaching and Learning about Islam training (Inc. Islamophobia and Radicalisation) - Thursday 31st January 2019, 3.30 - 5.00pm
- Really interesting, fast paced and lots of discussion.
- Very informative and useful ideas for teaching in school
- Lots of information and resources about Islam that was easy to understand
- Interactive and informative
- Ideas of how to teach about Islam.
- Variety of Islamic activities provided which would engage the children in lessons.
- I feel more confident with teaching Islam.
- Good visual Islamic activities
- Trainer had great subject knowledge.
Teacher Feedback from Murdishaw West Primary School, Halton, Teaching and Learning about Islam training - Wednesday 30th January 2019, 3.30 - 4.30pm
- Training session was delivered to a very high standard.
- Very informative and much learned.
- Has made me feel much more confident teaching Islam.
- Trainer was well prepared with practical ideas to use in the classroom
- Subject knowledge delivered in a way that is easy to understand
- Liked the practical quiz
- Great Islamic activities / resources for use in class
- Imran was happy to take lots of questions.
- Trainer had great subject knowledge.
Teacher Feedback from St Martin & St Mary's CE Primary School, Windermere, Teaching and Learning about Islam training - Wednesday 23rd January 2019, 3.30 - 5.00pm
- Informative, interactive, interesting , visual and informative - different types of learning
- Brilliant resources and visual activities to get involved
- Practical and hands-on approach to training
- opportunity to ask questions
- Misconceptions and stereotypes challenged
- Friendly delivery - fun and engaging!
- Learnt so much about Islam!
- Approachable trainer
Feedback from Halton & Warrington RE Leaders' Islam training - Thursday 29th November 2018, 2.30-4.00pm
- Great hands-on workshop, stimulating and empowering.
- No pressure to get things right/wrong!
- Interactive and practical activities with artefacts was very useful.
- Very well paced and informative
- Discussions around artefacts and pronunciation of Islamic words was really useful.
- Key terminology explained
- Knowledgable trainer - explained things well
- Misconceptions of Islam were addressed.
- Really liked the quiz!